I am pleased to offer three distinct types of Christmas Melodies books for the violin:
(1) DUETS CUBED — Duets to the 3rd Power has three levels of difficulty for the second violinist: easy, medium and hard. The second book, containing identical notes and called the Tradeoff version for short, is for more advanced players and trades off the melody and harmony parts.
Christmas Melodies For Violin: Duets[to the 3rd power]…3 Verses of FUN!, Melody-Harmony Advanced Tradeoffs, Bound Physical Books
(2) DOUBLE STOP SOLOS and DUETS — There are two levels of difficulty for this Series. In each volume, a student plays a duet first with their teacher and then goes immediately to the double stop solo containing identical notes from the duet. Volume I is for students who have never played double stops while Volume II is quite advanced.
Christmas Melodies: Double Stop Solos and Duets For Violin, Volume II, Bound Physical Books
(3) FOUR VIOLINS — There are two verses for each Christmas Carol, a contemporary sounding harmony followed by a classical harmony, which provides a nice contrast and sufficient length for various Christmas music programs. The level of difficulty is intermediate.
Christmas Melodies For Four Violins, Volumes I and II: Contemporary and Classical Arrangements, Bound Physical Books
With one exception, all of the above Bound Physical Books are also available for purchase in PDF Downloadable Format.
That exception is Christmas Melodies: Double Stop Solos and Duets for Violin, Volume I.
- Christmas Melodies For Viola Series, Bound Physical Books
- Christmas Melodies For Cello Series, Bound Physical Books
- Christmas Melodies: Double Stop Solos and Duets For Violin, Volume I (with CD), BPBs
- Christmas Melodies: Double Stop Solos and Duets For Viola, Volume II, Bound Physical Books
- Christmas Melodies Arrangements